We offer a simple and affordable package that covers all the essentials. You can then add optional extras to make the funeral fit your needs. We don't try to sell you anything you don't want or need; all we care about is helping you to put together a funeral which will genuinely help you to deal with the fact someone has died, in whatever way works for you.
Encouraging you to participate as much or as little as you wish, we help you to create the funeral you want and need to say goodbye to the person who has died. We can offer advice on cemeteries, woodland and natural burials, crematoria, alternative funeral venues and memorial services.
A Poetic Endings funeral is made up of four parts:
1. The Essentials
2. The Disbursements (third party costs)
3. The Coffin
4. Optional Extras
The cost of a modern funeral at any crematorium or cemetery within Greater London:
£1800 + disbursements + coffin
1. The Essentials
- An initial meeting with you to discuss all aspects of the funeral. We can either meet in the comfort of your home at your convenience, or at our office in Ealing, where we'll give you the time you need to talk everything through.
- Completion of all the necessary paperwork.
- Collection of the person who has died at any time of the day or night from anywhere within the M25. There's no charge for our out-of-hours service.
- Care of the person who has died in our new mortuary space in Ealing. This includes washing and dressing - we can either for this for you, or you can be involved. Whatever works for you.
- The option to spend time as much time as you need with the person who has died in our family room.
- Ongoing advice on all aspects of the funeral and the ceremony from our experienced team.
- Use of our smart Daimler hearse for the funeral.
- Four bearers. We can also support and guide you in carrying the coffin yourself, if you wish to do so.
- A personalised online announcement page so you can easily share details of the funeral with family and friends. See an example here.
Disbursements are unavoidable third party costs which we pay out on your behalf.
The cost of cremation varies widely throughout Greater London. Expect to pay between £300 and £900 depending on the crematorium you choose.
By law, two doctors must confirm the cause of death before a cremation can go ahead. If the coroner is involved, this is not necessary.
The cost of burial varies widely throughout Greater London depending on the cemetery or natural burial ground you choose.
3. The Coffin
We have handpicked the best in beautifully designed, well-crafted and ethically sourced and produced coffins. Please see our coffins page for options.
4. The Extras - Make the funeral your own
We have experience of funerals from many different faiths and cultures and can also facilitate blended funerals. For example, an Imam working with a celebrant to put together a funeral that caters to the needs of all the mourners present.
We can recommend a suitable celebrant to work with you to create a unique and highly personalised funeral that reflects the life of the person who has died, regardless of your religious and spiritual beliefs (non-religious, spiritual, humanist and others)
Our specialist celebrant Emma Curtis is also an ordained secular minister and a grief counsellor. She's able to work with you to create an extraordinary ceremony and can provide ad-hoc bereavement support and grief counselling.
Bespoke orders of service, beautifully presented and designed by our specialist funeral stationers. We can also create postcards, bookmarks and more contemporary printed items for anyone looking for something a little different.
£1 - 3 per copy
We can put together collages of photos in a frame to be displayed at the ceremony. You can then take it home to keep forever. All you need to do is choose the photos and email them over to us.
Scanning in old photographs can take a long time! If you don't want to scan them in yourself, you can give us the original photographs, and we'll do the hard work for you and then return the photographs to you.
Alternative Hearses & Funeral Cars
Use of our smart black Daimler hearse is included in the cost of the funeral. But if you'd like something extraordinary, we can arrange it for you.
Our specialist funeral florist Becky Hemming will design the flowers according to your needs. Offering a personal but affordable service crafting colours and scents, Becky can even include flowers and herbs from your own garden.
Prices starting from £20
You can download our full price list here.
Prices apply from January 1st 2018